This event took place on 19th May 2010
Knowledge Media Institute, Berrill Building, The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, MK7 6AA
This talk gives an overview over recent work on the building a Semantic Web for Mathematics (SWM). We want to realize this envisioned SWM as a flexiformal digital library that contains semantically annotated mathematical documents ranging from from informal (rigorous developments of mathematics in natural language with formulae) to documents expressed in formal logical systems.
We are approaching this SWM from five directions:
- OMDoc, a modular representation frameworks for integrated
- TNTBase/JOMDoc: a versioned XML-based storage and web application
framework for OMDoc
- arXMLiv: automatically annotating semantic features in LaTeX-based
- JOBAD: embedding semantic services into mathematical web documents.
- using Semantic Web (linked-data) techniques on mathematical corpora.
We are currently integrating these components to our own SWM, I will try
to outline the successes and open problems involved in this project.
| Click below to play the event (78 minutes)|